Public Sector Workforce 2030: Planning for the Next Generation of State and Local Government Employees, September 26th and 27th, 2019
September 26 @ 5:00 pm - September 27 @ 4:00 pmFree
Save the Date
The Center for State and Local Government Excellence, The National League of Cities, and ICMA-RC will be hosting an all-day summit on September 27, 2019, at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to equip state and local governments with new tools and ideas to plan for the public sector workforce of the future. The summit will be preceded by a welcoming reception on September 26th (reception location TBD).
Registration is open!
The summit is complimentary, but seating is limited, so register today to guarantee your spot.
Perspectives and Audiences:
A diverse mix of elected officials, government agency managers, retirement administrators, HR professionals, labor representatives, and the research community will provide a holistic view on the issues of:
- Restructuring retirement plans to prepare for the “workforce of the future”
- Applying models from other settings—private/nonprofit sectors, international or other levels of government
- Using behavioral economics to encourage better saving habits among workers, especially those that may under save
- Shaping the future workforce through recruitment and development
- Responding to generational differences and demographic shifts
- Identifying public sector positions experiencing growth and contraction, along with those most difficult to fill
- Examining the role of technological advancements on the changing workforce
- Adapting education systems and technical training to meet anticipated needs
- Prioritizing equity and inclusion
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Addressing the issue of work-life balance (e.g., family leave, elder care and other needs through different life stages)
- Innovating around schedule flexibility, succession planning and advancement opportunities
- Fostering a healthier workforce in a cost-effective manner
Summit speakers and agenda details will be announced soon.
- Pre-Summit Reception: Thursday, September 26th, 5:00pm (location TBD)
- Summit: Friday, September 27th, 9:00am-4:00pm (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
Questions about Summit? [email protected]